Be Their Cheerleader!!!

I have found the most dramatic improvements in student success, when I saw myself as their cheer leader! In this, I sought to find every incremental improvement I saw, that they ignored. I shared times when I saw them rereading phrases that didn't make sense, telling them that they are reading like good readers do. I explained that good readers read so that things look right, sound right, and make sense and if it doesn't, they reread it.

I shared times where they were willing to erase a math problem or incorrect sentence structure to rewrite it correctly. I explained how impressed I was, because there was a time they just stopped and would get upset, but that they were now editing their work. I also explain that everyone makes mistakes, sometimes that's how we learn to do it correctly.

I shared times where they were less frustrated, when they used to get irate over things that didn't go the way they had wanted them to. All these things we share with them, help them start to see themselves as more capable learners and people. It's really worth becoming a child's cheer leader, because you can see it start to change their self-esteem and willingness to strive to do better!


Click on Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create:

Books Created by Children Below

The children who created these books wanted any money made from the sale of their books to be donated to the less fortunate. I explained things on this site are free, but I could include a few direct links to charities. Any charity would work, but it's not obligatory!

The Pirate and the Penguin Link to Book

The Pirate and the Penguin Link to Book
Written and Illustrated by BAC-6 yrs old

The Hamster That Is Too Cool for School Link to Book

The Hamster That Is Too Cool for School Link to Book
Written and Illustrated by BJC-7 1/2 years old

Super Plants versus Zombies book link

Super Plants versus Zombies book link
Written and Illustrated by JDR, 6 years old (Inspired by the Books With Similar Names)

Relate2TheBible Podcast